1. Click on the link to the zoom meeting that is provided to you by your instructor. It may be posted in the Canvas Calendar, put in the Modules area in Canvas, or emailed to you.
2. The first time you click the link, you will get this message in a web browser. Please use Chrome as a browser, if possible. Click download & run Zoom if you have never downloaded the Zoom app.
3. Once the download is complete, click the .exe file to install it.
4. Double-click the .exe file to run it. You will see a dialog box that is installing the Zoom app:
5. Then Zoom will start. Select Test Speaker and Microphone to make sure they are functioning properly. Headsets will often have better sound quality.
Using a phone for sound
6. You can also use a phone if you don’t have a microphone or headset. Click Phone Call and dial one of the numbers listed and follow the prompts.
7. You can choose to use the web browser to run Zoom, to do so, click Start from your Browser:
8. This looks a little different like this:
To change your profile picture, you will need to do this in the uwplatt.zoom.us
site. Create an account if you don’t have one, and edit the picture under "Profile" and click Change