Add Turnitin to a Canvas Assignment
These instructions allow an instructor to create an assignment that can be associated with the TurnitIn software
In order to use Turnitin in Canvas, you must add Turnitin to a particular assignment within a module.
- Navigate to the Canvas course where you want to use Turnitin.
- You must create an assignment within a module if you want to use Turnitin. Determine the module where you'd like to place the assignment.
- Navigate to the Module and click the + button to add content to the module.
- In the window that appears, choose to Add External Tool
- From the External Tool window, select TurnItIn
- Click Add Item
- You now have access to create an assignment that can be evaluated with the TurnItIn suite of tools via the TurnItIn Assignment Inbox
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.