Topics Map >
Password Reset: Apple UWPlatt Wireless
This tutorial shows what steps need to be taken in order to rejoin the UWPlatt Wireless network after you reset your University Login Password.
1. Click on the Wireless Fan icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen and select Turn Wi-Fi Off
2. Open System Preferences and click on the Network icon
3. If locked, Click on the padlock icon in the lower lefthand corner of the screen and enter your password in order to make changes to your wireless network settings.
4. Select Wi-Fi, then click on the Advanced tab in the lower right hand corner of the window.
5. Click on the instance of UWPlatt under Preferred Networks:then proceed to click on the - below the Preferred Networks: box.
6. Click OK to exit the Wi-Fi Network settings. In the next window, proceed to click Apply.
7. Click on the Wireless Fan icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen and select Turn Wi-Fi On.
8. Click back on the fan, select the UWPlatt Wireless Network, then enter your university Username and new Password credentials, then click Join
The UWPlatt Wireless network password should be changed.