Topics Map > Hardware
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Office Productivity
WACOM HD-Touch Tablet - How to use the WACOM Tablet with Microsoft Powerpoint
A step by step guide on how to use the WACOM tablet with Microsoft Powerpoint
Using the Wacom pen with Microsoft PowerPoint
1. You will need to open up Microsoft PowerPoint by first clicking on the start button in the bottom left corner of your desktop. Then search for “PowerPoint” and click on the program labelled PowerPoint.
2. Once PowerPoint has opened, touch the Wacom pen to the screen to activate it and to bring up the Ink Tools Pens tab at the top of your screen.
3. On the far left of the toolbar you will see 5 functions for using the pen in the write window at the top left of your page.
4. The first function is Pen. The pen function allows you to write on the slide using your Wacom pen. With this function, you will only be able to write on the slide where text is able go.
5. The second function for using your pen is the Highlighter. This function allows you to highlight anything that is in the document. Just like the pen, it will only work on the sides themselves.
6. You are able to change the color of the pen and highlighter by either selecting the preferred color of ink in the pens window or by selecting the color tab to choose from a wider range of colors. You are also able to change the thickness of your writing by clicking on the thickness tab.
7. The third function is Erase. You may either select the erase tab in the write window, or flip the pen over and use the eraser on the top of the pen. When erasing the ink on the slide, the eraser will erase whole lines of ink. Anything connected to the line you wish to erase will be erased too.
8. The fourth function is Lasso Select, which allows you to select a large group of ink that you have written on the slide.
9. Your last function is the select objects function in the write window. This allows you to use the pen to click and highlight things just like you would use a mouse.
10. In order to stop using the pen, click on the Stop Inking button on the top of your page.
11. While in presentation, you will be able to control the presentation with the pen by using the buttons in the lower left corner of the screen. Left and right arrows will change the slide you are on. The left arrow takes you to the previous slide, and the right arrow takes you to the next slide. The pen button allows you to change the functionality of the Wacom pen to pen, highlighter and laser pointer. The pen and highlighter will function the same while you are in presentation mode. The laser pointer allows you to use the pen to point to something on the screen without writing on the slide. You do have to touch the screen with the pen for the laser point to work.
12. If you make any marks on the slides during a presentation and you would like to save them, select “Keep” at the end of the presentation; select “Discard” otherwise.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.