Topics Map > Campus Services
Perceptive Content - Using Tasks
What is a task? A task is an assignment that is attached to a document within ImageNow to track duties that need to be completed. A “due date” can be assigned that the specific task needs to be completed by. Upon completion of the task, a user can select that task as “completed” and then said it will not be shown as their responsibility no longer.
2. On the left side of the screen, the “Tasks” window pane will appear. This is where you will see your tasks that need to be completed.
3. To make it easier to read, the divider between the document and the task pane can be dragged left or right to make the task pane bigger or smaller.
4. The task pane is divided in half. The top portion will show the instructions and any comments that have been put on that task. This is also where you will edit a task after completion.
5. The bottom half will show you what tasks on this document are assigned to you and give the corresponding information with said task.
6. To view all the information associated with the task, you can use the scroll bar on the bottom on the pane to scroll left or right.
7. When the task is completed, simply double click on the task, and then click “Complete” above. This will assign the task as completed, and it is no longer your responsibility.
If the task was falsely assigned to you, or there is a problem with the document, you can return the document to the originator.
8. To do this, double click the task.
9. Add a comment as to why you are returning the document. Simply click “Add”, insert your comment, click “Add” again, and click “Close”.
10. Upon clicking close and adding your comment, click “Return” in the same section and this will return the document to the originator.
This completes working with the Tasks on documents.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.